Goldfields Community Alcohol & Drug Service
The Goldfields Community Alcohol & Drug Service has offices based in Kalgoorlie and Esperance and provides services to the Goldfields region.
This service is a partnership between Hope Community Services and Bega Garnbirringu Health Services Inc.
GCADS Esperance (08) 9071 5169
GCADS Kalgoorlie (08) 9021 3069
Counselling and support services are available Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Services include and are available for:
- Individuals who are concerned about their drug and alcohol use, and support may include counselling, information, referral or advocacy.
- Families, significant others and the general Goldfields community who may benefit from support in understanding the impact of alcohol or drugs and ways to manage what’s going on.
- Diversion programs are available for people referred from the court and police.
- Consultancy and referral services for health professionals in assisting with the management of alcohol and drug issues.
- Services include community prevention programs to address alcohol and drug issues.
- Services support culturally appropriate practice.
The GCADS is government funded and all services are provided at no cost.
Who We Are
Hope Community Services is a not-for-profit, faith based organisation operating from a Christian heritage. We have served the community of Perth for over 100 years and provide much needed support services to people affected by alcohol and drugs – young people, adults, their families and communities.
The way people use drugs and alcohol can effect everyone. Understanding what happens for individuals, families and communities that are impacted on by the misuse/abuse of alcohol and drugs is important.
Services provided by the Goldfields Community Alcohol & Drug Service (GCADS) are about working together with those seeking support so that people, families and their communities can invest in their own care to ensure changes made are positive and long term.
What We Do
- May be provided by telephone or in person
- Will work with individuals concerned about their own alcohol or drug use
- Will work with individuals concerned about someone else’s alcohol or drug use
- Will work with families and couples
These are specific services for individuals referred by the courts or WA Police through the WA Diversion Program initiative.
- Drug and alcohol education
- Advocacy and referral
- Case management
- Community work including outreach and prevention initiatives
- Consultancy for health professionals in assisting with the management of alcohol and drug issues
Who is Eligible
- Concerned friends, family or significant others
- Service providers
- Community members
Where We Are
48 Brookman Street, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
PO Box 10976, Kalgoorlie WA 6433
Ph: (08) 9021 3069 Fax: (08) 9091 8920
Unit 6/98 Dempster Street, Esperance WA, 6450
PO Box 1843, Esperance WA, 6450
Ph: (08) 9071 5169 Fax: (08) 9071 5209